Friday, March 30, 2012

EMS Training - Reflection Questions

April 2012
Resource:  What's Your Math Problem!?! by Linda Gojak
Reflection Question:
Chapter 7
Why is student self-assessment an important part of the formative assessment process? 

Resource:  Diffentiation Strategies for Teaching Mathematics by Wendy Conklin
Reflection Question: 
Chapter Multiple Intelligences
Which multiple intelligence model do you currently use most often?  Which multiple intelligence model do you use the least?  Why? 

1 comment:

  1. Chapter 7 - Student self-assessment allows students to find value in their education. Too often I see students waiting for the teacher to tell them if they are right or wrong. I believe it is important to develop their self-confidence and help them know how to ask questions and how to defend their answers when they believe they are right.

    Multiple intelligences - My learning strength is logical/mathematical, and that used to be my most common way to teach. Now, I feel comfortable using a variety of the multiple intelligences as I plan lessons. It actually makes lesson planning fun! Visual/spatial because that is my personal weakness, but I have found that giving students these opportunities allows me to learn more. :)
    Cheryl Hampel, St. Marys

    ReplyDelete